Thursday, September 20, 2012

Crockpot BBQ Beer Chicken


          I pretty much love anything my mother makes. Maybe it’s because she raised me and my brother with homemade meals or that she always had fresh produce in the fridge or perhaps it’s the value she and my Dad placed on family dinners. Anyway I think about it though, I come up with one conclusion: My Momma is a damn good cook! And since I think cooking skills are genetic, I am so thankful she is a Kitchen QueenJ
                My top five dishes she makes: chicken parm, panko-crusted pork chops, rigatoni Bolognese, breaded & baked chicken with zucchini and tomatoes, and beer can chicken. Which brings us to this post: CP BBQ Beer Chicken. Now when I stumbled upon this recipe while “binging” slow cooker BBQ chicken, I knew I had to try. Just the thought of being able to somewhat replicate Mom’s beer can chicken sans grill was motivation enough to dig out ol’ Mr. Crockpot.
                Results? A-MAZE-ING! Not only did I share this recipe with the Kitchen Queen herself but I also emailed it to Grandma, the Original Kitchen Queen. Needless to say, three generations of cooks all made it, all loved it, and all had way too much leftovers! My plans: BBQ chicken pizza and BBQ chicken enchiladas. The other two cooks I can’t vouch for but I think it’s safe to say Dad and Grandpa might be BBQ’d out by next week! Enjoy…



Crockpot BBQ Beer Chicken

Adapted from: How Sweet It Is
Makes: A LOT (8-10 servings)

OBJ: TCW be able to make one of her Mom’s favorite dishes in a Crockpot!

Ingredients:
3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4-6 large)
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
12 ounces of beer (I used a classic amber)
15.5 ounces of barbecue sauce
Sliced cheddar cheese
Kaiser Rolls, toasted

Procedures:
1. Place chicken breasts in Crockpot, add onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper and toss around to season chicken well
2. Add beer and BBQ sauce
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours
4. Shred, let sit for 10-15 minutes so chicken can absorb sauce
5. Place spoonfuls on bottom halves of rolls, place cheddar slices on top, top with other half of roll, enjoy!

 

3 comments:

  1. Another hit!!!!!!! I know the Kitchen Queen and she is a great cook. Her husband is also pretty good in the kitchen. So we have the Royals of New Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a gem. The unheard of, ever elusive, often spoke about but rarely seen...TRIPLE DUDY DINNER!!! Each dish including the same base ingredient but bring unique flavor, texture, and presentation. Bravo aHT, bravo

    ReplyDelete